My name is Dominik Matus – originally from Kopřivnice (a town in the Moravian-Silesian Region of Czech Republic), but currently based in Brno.
Since I’ve always had an interest in craft, I went on to study cabinetmaking and wood working. And though at the moment I’m trying to complete a Major in Art History, I still spend a lot of my time in the workshop (Atelier Research and Restore) restoring old furniture or doing some wood crafting, even jewelry making. Want to see of my jewelry that’s for sale? Then do check the shop section of this website!
My other hobbies include genealogy, photo documenting heritage sites, as well as writing articles on Wikipedia, where I’ve been an active contributor since 2010. And as a big fan of the metal band Moonspell, I also enjoy looking after the fansite which I’ve created already in 2010.
What do I offer?
- Restoration and conservation of furniture and wooden artworks, including consultations, examination and analysis
- Recherche on history of furniture, primarily in sacral enviroment.
- Custom handmade wooden jewelry
What have I studied?
- School of trading and furniture in Bystřice pod Hostýnem
Four-year study: Cabinetmaking and woodworking (2007–2012)
- Higher professional school of restoration in Brno
Three-year study with foundation degree: Conservation and Restoration of Furniture and Non-Polychromed Wood Carving (2012–2015)
- Faculty of Arts of Masaryk university in Brno
Bakalářský program: General Theory and History of Arts and Culture (2015–2019)
You can contact me on social sites (use social buttons in foot of website) or by email.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org